Tobias Preisig is a Swiss born, Berlin based violin player on the border of experimental, ambient and electronic music.
He performs Solo concerts and is touring mainly with his electronica duo Egopusher in Europe and Asia at Festivals such as Montreux Jazz, London Jazz, Mama Paris, Reeperbahn Hamburg, Jarasum Jazz South Korea and Tokyo Jazz Japan. He also plays with Levitation, a duo with Stefan Rusconi on church organ, exploring the richness of drones and noisemusic.
Recent collaborations with Colin Stetson Sorrow, The Cinematic Orchestra, Youn Sun Nah and Jan Bang.
SHOW HISTORY (selected)
– Match&Fuse Tokyo
– Montreux Jazzfestival
– Paris Music Festival
– Strawberry Festival Shanghai
– Pohoda Festival
– Tauron Katowice
– Reeperbahn Hamburg
– Cully Jazzfestival
– Antigel Geneva
– EGOPUSHER, BLOOD RED,IRASCIBLE 2017
– EGOPUSHER,E, QILIN 2016
– LEVITATION, LEVITATION, QILIN 2014
– TOBIAS PREISIG, DRIFTING, TRAUMTON 2014
– TOBIAS PREISIG, IN TRANSIT, TRAUMTON 2012
– TOBIAS PREISIG, FLOWING MOOD, OBLIQSOUND 2010
– DIETER MEIER, OUT OF CHAOS, STAATSAKT 2014
– FAI BABA, THE SAVAGE DREAMER, A TREE IN A FIELD, 2014
– FAI BABA, SHE IS MY GURU, A TREE IN A FIELD, 2013
– FAI BABA, SNAKE SNAKE, A TREE IN A FIELD, 2012
– KSQ, MAGENTA, UNIT 2011
Pictures © by Tobias Stritt, Rafael Palacio Illingworth, Jean-Marc Guélat, Mehdi Benkler. SOLO Text © by Cully Jazzfestival 2018.